Where do Google AdWords users come from? I searched LinkedIn.com (again) for which universities have been attended by those whose profiles also include the keyword “AdWords.” Double counting could happen if one person (for example) went to Berkeley, then NYU, then wrote a profile including the key phrase.
Half of the AdWords Top 10 is rostered by schools in capitals of Iberian heritage. A Buenos Aires school is the largest at #3, numbers four and eight are in Madrid, and numbers six and seven are in São Paulo.
Top 10 universities for producing AdWords users:
“Only” five of the Top 10 universities for producing AdWords users are American schools, compared to seven of the top 10 Google Analytics schools. If Buenos Aires, Madrid, and São Paulo are more prominent places for schools who produce users of AdWords than Analytics, does that hint that search engine marketing is a larger field than ecommerce in these markets?
- Bidding Strategies for Google AdWords (secondlawmedia.com)
- How to Use the New Google AdWords Keyword Planner (iacquire.com)
- Could Google Make AdWords Interface Look Better? (epiphanysearch.co.uk)
- Can Users Really Tell AdWords Ads from Organic Results? (stateofsearch.com)
- Google AdWords Adds Cross-Account Conversion Tracking & MCC Search Funnels (searchengineland.com)
- 7 Google AdWords Points To Care About…Because Google Does (business2community.com)